TEACH Magazine invites professional journalists and classroom teachers to submit queries to be considered for publication in our print magazine, or digital magazine, or website. All pitches must be original and exclusive to TEACH.
- Writers need to have good knowledge of our publication’s editorial style before making a pitch
- We do not consider simultaneous pitches
- We do not accept unsolicited full drafts either digitally or by mail
- We thank you in advance but due to the large number of pitches we receive, we are unable to consider all of them
- Accepted pitches will receive an email response; do not follow up by phone
- If you do not hear from us after 4 weeks, feel free to submit your pitch elsewhere
Types of Submission
Our editorial approach is pragmatic and how-to. The ideal article must be useful and replicable in the everyday classroom, if feasible. The topic should help teachers do their jobs better in some way or offer support. Interviewees should be engaging and research relevant. Interested journalists should have magazine publishing experience and familiarity with the North American education system.
Classroom Perspectives – OpEd
Classroom Perspectives is an opinion column where teachers anywhere in the world can write informally about their personal experiences with teaching. Whether that be implementing a ‘paperless classroom’ or addressing mental health issues, we want your perspective. No journalism experience is necessary.
This is an opportunity for teachers to showcase their pets in the pages of TEACH Magazine. If you’d like your dog or cat to be featured, please tell us below, in 100 words or less, why we should feature them, along with three key adjectives that describe your furry companion to a tee.
How to Submit
If you are interested in writing for us, please use the contact form below to send us a pitch (max 300 words). It should outline the topic, intended approach, and potential interviewees, applicable to feature articles only. Please also include a very short bio. Journalists, please also provide links to published work.