TEACH Magazine invites professional journalists and classroom teachers to submit queries to be considered for publication in our print or digital magazine, or on our website. All pitches must be original and exclusive to TEACH.
- Writers need to have good knowledge of our publication’s editorial style before making a pitch.
- We do not consider simultaneous pitches.
- We do not accept unsolicited full drafts either digitally or by mail .
- We thank you in advance but due to the large number of pitches we receive, we are unable to consider all of them .
- We respond to all pitches by email. Please do not follow up by phone.
- Our average response time is 8 weeks. If you do not hear from us by then, feel free to submit your pitch elsewhere.
We invite journalists to pitch ideas for our feature articles. Our editorial approach is pragmatic and how-to. The ideal article must be useful and replicable in the everyday classroom, if feasible. The topic should help teachers do their jobs better in some way or offer support. Articles must include 2–3 interview sources and they should be engaging and relevant. Interested journalists should have magazine publishing experience and familiarity with the North American education system.
- Turning Pages: Putting the Fun Back Into Reading
- Planet School: Building a Greener World
- Encouraging Creativity in Lesson Plans
Classroom Perspectives – OpEd
Classroom Perspectives is an opinion column where teachers anywhere in the world can write informally, in their own voice, about their personal experiences with teaching. Whether that be implementing a “paperless classroom” or addressing mental health issues, we want your perspective. No journalism experience is necessary.
- Critical Thinking and the Questioning of History Texts
- From Concepts to Kicks: Bringing Art to Life
- Making Rose Hip Tea from Scratch: A Math Activity
This is an opportunity for teachers to showcase their pets in the pages of TEACH Magazine. If you’d like your furry or feathered companion to be featured, please tell us their name and age, along with three key adjectives that describe them to a tee.
How to Submit
If you are interested in writing for us, please use the contact form below to send us a pitch (max 300 words). It should outline the topic, intended approach, and potential interviewees (applicable to feature articles only). Please also include a very short bio. Journalists should provide links to previously published work.